The 6th annual workshop on Visualisation in Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (VizGEC), to be held at GECCO 2015 in Madrid, will explore, evaluate and promote current visualisation developments in the area of genetic and evolutionary computation (GEC). Visualisation is a crucial tool in this area, providing vital insight and understanding into algorithm operation and problem landscapes as well as enabling the use of GEC methods on data mining tasks. Particular topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- visualisation of the evolution of a synthetic genetic population;
- visualisation of algorithm operation;
- visualisation of problem landscapes;
- visualisation of multi-objective trade-off sets;
- the use of genetic and evolutionary techniques for visualising data;
- facilitating human steer of algorithms;
- novel technologies for visualisation within genetic and evolutionary computation;
- non-visual techniques for presenting results (e.g. audio and audio-visual).
We invite short papers of up to 8 pages presenting novel developments in one or more of these areas, or other areas relevant to visualisation in an evolutionary context. Submissions in which visualisation techniques have been used or developed as a means to exploring a larger problem are welcome. We also invite submissions in the area of interactive or dynamic visualisations which might form the basis of demonstrations in the workshop.
Important dates are as follows:
- Paper submission deadline: 3rd April 2015 8th April 2015 (papers should be submitted by email here)
- Notification of acceptance: 20th April 2015
- Final papers due: 4th May 2015
- GECCO conference: 11-15 July 2015
If you have any enquries about VizGEC, please contact the organisers for assistance.